Frequently Asked Questions
What is Last-Deck® aluminum decking?
- Last-Deck® aluminum decking is a durable, extruded residential or commercial decking material. It is maintenance free, comfortable, long lasting, as well as an attractive option for the home owner or builder. Top
Is it available in different colors?
- Last-Deck® decking is available in nine pleasing colors (see center panel). With Last-Deck® decking there is a color for every home. Top
What is the difference between Last-Deck® decking and the competition?
- Last-Deck® decking is the newest innovation for the homeowner looking for a truly maintenance free product for their home. Because it is made of aluminum, it will never warp, split, crack, or twist. Last Deck will also never mold or mildew. Another family-friendly feature, Last-Deck® decking is non-toxic and doesn’t leach chemicals, even when it is first installed. Top
What dimensions are Last-Deck® planks available in?
- Last-Deck® planking is made in several popular lengths: 12, 14, 16, 18, and 20 feet. It is six inches wide and one inch high. Top
Will the color of my Last-Deck® decking ever change?
- No, The powder coating used by Last Deck Inc. was specifically developed for Last Deck by Diamond Vogel. Our decking has been tested by an environmental test lab with 5 star results. Top
Does Last-Deck® aluminum decking have a warranty?
- Yes, Last-Deck® decking has one of the best warranties in the industry! It is guaranteed not to warp, split, crack, or twist, for LIFE. See the Last Deck Inc. warranty for complete information and limitations. Top
Where can I buy Last-Deck® decking products?
- Contact us for more information. Top
How do I select what I need and how much does Last-Deck® decking cost?
- Because every home is unique, Last-Deck® will be happy to bring samples to your home so you can easily choose the best color for your home. Last-Deck® will also customize your decking order for your situation. We have packages for the “do it yourselfer” or we will handle construction from start to finish. Top
If I want to install a Last-Deck® decking myself, will I need special tools or training?
- No, all of the necessary tools are readily available at the hardware store or your local rental center. Installing the deck of a lifetime is SIMPLE! Top
Does Last-Deck® decking require special clips or alignment devices?
- No, Last-Deck® planks are self-spacing and easily fasten using self-tapping screws. No pre-drilling is needed. Top
What floor joist span does Last-Deck® decking require?
- Last deck has been found to be suitable for residential, commercial, and marine uses. For exterior residential uses, floor joists may be spaced up to 32 inches apart. For commercial applications, spans of 24 inches are recommended. The unique ability to span up to 32 inches can eliminate up to 50% of the sub-structure, saving money on materials and labor. An independent engineering report describes how Last-Deck® decking meets all building requirements. Unique designs or special uses require special attention and a professional builder should be consulted to address these situations. Top
What kind of maintenance does Last-Deck® decking require?
- Unlike wood or composite decking, Last-Deck® decking does not require any special maintenance. A garden hose with decent water pressure is all you will need to clean off debris. If your water pressure isn’t the greatest, don’t worry, a soft nylon bristled brush, used lightly with a mild soap, will take out even ground in messes. Top
How does Last-Deck® decking handle moisture?
- Last-Deck® decking has a unique design that sheds water instead of creating puddles on the surface. The design of the edge strip allows for the removal of water from the surface. Top
Is Last-Deck® decking slippery when it gets wet?
- The built in ribbed detail makes Last-Deck® decking a superior, slip resistant material. Our textured powder coating also adds to its slip resistance. Top
Are their any special instructions for hot or cold weather installation?
- No, Last-Deck® decking is easily assembled and its self-spacing design takes the guesswork out of installation. Top
Can insects damage Last-Deck® decking?
- No, because it is 100% aluminum construction, Last-Deck® decking is impervious to insects. Top
Because it is metal, Last-Deck® decking is heavy, right?
- Wrong! Fortunately for the homeowner and builder, Last Deck planks are less than one pound per lineal foot. Top
Will the decking be comfortable on my feet?
- Last-Deck® owners, as well as builders, report a comfortable, slip resistant surface, free of the splinters, cracks, and rusty nails that plague traditional wooden decks. Top
What if I want to create special patterns or designs with my deck?
- Last-Deck® has an optional seam called a “marriage strip.” This seam allows for creativity in the design. Ask an Last Deck employee to show you how the system works. It’s easy! Top